ACTIVE TIME 20 mins
- 2 cups water
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 1/4 cups organic chicken broth
- 1/3 cup diced deli ham
- 12 chicken or turkey stick dog treats (optional)
How to Make It
- Combine water, carrots, and sweet potato in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer carrots and sweet potato to a food processor. Add broth, and process until smooth.
- Divide diced ham evenly among 12 ice pop molds. If using, arrange 1 chicken or turkey stick in each mold so the end of each is exposed like an ice pop stick. Pour carrot mixture evenly into molds, and insert ice pop sticks, if not using meat sticks. Freeze 6 hours or overnight.
CHOOSING DOG TOYS & SUGGESTIONSChoosing the right dog toys for your pooch is an important decision. Dog toys should be fun, durable, and most of all, safe.There are many factors that contribute to the safety or danger of a dog toy.Dog’s sizeActivity levelPersonal preferenceEnvironment in which your dog spends his time.Although we can’t guarantee your [...]
Former President Barack Obama’s dogs Sunny and Bo during the annual White House Easter Egg Roll.Olivier Douliery-Pool/Getty ImagesOur pets are our protectors and devoted companions. We spoil them with everything from gourmet foods, winter boots, cashmere sweaters, and diamond-studded dog collars to aromatherapy, doggie yoga, psychotherapy, cosmetic surgery and massages. Why are dog owners such [...]
It isn't always convenient to have someone clip your dogs nails, and when you do, you want someone that knows what they are doing. Nails should be clipped once a month. They are softer after a bath. If your dog has black nails it is more difficult to see the quick. You might want to [...]
Ever tried grooming your own fur-baby? Having issues finding a good groomer in your area? Ever had occasion to be concerned about how your pup is being treated at the groomers?5 Summer Grooming Tips From An ExpertAs your dog starts to shed his winter coat and the weather warms up, it’s time to start thinking [...]
It's HOT!! Keep your fur-baby cool with a Mesh Carrier. Air will circulate keeping them cool, they can look out no matter what position they are in. Great for the beach, sand will automatically fall out keeping your pup clean. A perfect carrier for pup's that are claustrophobic. Meets most airline travel [...]
Vet Recommendations for ZIKA Protection for U.S. PetsDespite the absence of reported cases of Zika affecting pets, experts report that animals have contracted the virus, and research on the connection between Zika and animals—beyond mosquitoes, of course—is insufficient to conclusively say the virus cannot affect pets.According to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention, Zika [...]